Our past is full of iconic moments – but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands – Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City – have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you’re one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren’t afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Support in setting strategic direction for costing to ensure the simplifying the costing process & getting costing transparency with supplier. He/she performs work and supports the Manager with the clear objective of setting up transparent costing with vendor & support in costing negotiations process.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Simplifying the whole costing process & establishing transparent costing with suppliers
- Support in setting up business allocation decision based on product-based supply chain
- Improve the AUC margin expectations through key levers product strategy, man machine ratio, factory efficiency, labor cost and material optimization with the aim to deliver product value to the consumer.
- Establish and continuously update costing frameworks, standards and tools that enable transparent, fact-based costing with suppliers
- Explore & develop training materials for both Gap internal staffs & external vendors/factories.
- Establish an appropriate governance for cost validation through standardization, benchmarking
Supporting in creating factory level/country level cost competitive matrix.
- Explore & develop new training tools and training materials for both Gap internal staffs & external vendors/factories.
Who you are
- Ability to influence all levels internal; & external supplier management. Supervision, training and staff learning development skills. Planning, scheduling and reporting strengths.
- Communication skills- both written and verbal – English; local language is an added advantage. Strong negotiations skill, risk management and trouble shooting skills; works proactively.
- Ability to create reports, provide analysis and recommendations to improve productivity & efficiency.
- Strong knowledge of product cost drivers (i.e. Macro factors which drives the cost). Solid industry knowledge including market trends for new vendor sourcing and development.
- Thorough understanding of Gap Inc. CoBC protocols. Basic knowledge of sourcing (i.e. LEAN, Quality, Sustainability, Manufacturing processes.).
- Knowledge of PMTS based tools and Marker making tools to material Yield have an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing within apparel on-apparel industry. Staff management and supervising experience across broad geographical area.
- University graduate or degree in Industrial Engineering or Textile or Garment (Industry related) or equivalent work experience. 4-6 years business experience in managing end to end costing.