TACTICAL PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST – GLOBAL SERVICES FIRM – WORKSOP/ SHEFFIELD/ NOTTINGHAMSHIRE / FLEXIBLE WORKING – £30K – EXCELLENT PROGRESSION OPPORTUNITIES
My client is a global organisation providing premium security services to clients across both public and private sector. They employ over half a million employees have over 100+ years’ experience across the group creating true experts in the security industry.
This role is responsible for tactical procurement spend in the UK, focusing on a range of supply chain management and cost reduction across various direct and indirect procurement categories. As the tactical procurement buyer, you will be responsible for identifying, leading and implementing initiatives to increase process efficiency across the group.
Tactical Procurement Specialist responsibilities:
- To work in conjunction with Procurement Shared Services and Group Procurement on tactical purchase orders for the assigned categories
- Develop category plans for agreed categories and act as point of escalation on issues/queries relating to categorised contract.
- Develop and implement supplier catalogues, drive business requirements through agreed catalogues
- Provide support to the Global Procurement Policy and Governance to ensure compliant sourcing activities across UK businesses
- Product/ service negotiation with suppliers including use of online negotiation tools.
Tactical Procurement Specialist requirements:
- Solid understanding of procurement processes
- Must be a self starter
- Strong communication skills
- CIPS (desirable not essential)
This is a great opportunity for someone with 2-3 years’ procurement experience or someone who has recently completed a graduate scheme and looking for their next step. As a buyer in a global firm, you will have the opportunity to develop into a more strategic role or progress through the ranks in UK tactical procurement.
For more information or to apply, please send your CV to Shiva at jobsSD@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
Key words: procurement, buyer, tactical procurement buyer, transactional procurement, strategic procurement, indirect, direct, procurement services, Nottinghamshire, Worksop, Sheffield, category manager, stakeholder management, analyst, procurement policy, SRM, purchase orders, RFI, RFP, sourcing, purchasing, supply chain management.