My client seeks a Procurement/Purchasing Specialist, to support all of the company legal entities across the world, whilst being a leader in negotiations, bids, and contracts.
General duties of the role;
• Own a number of commodities, and be the primary POC with suppliers with regards to business relationships, and be the commercial specialist for your commodities.
• Lead negotiations and manage contracts with suppliers.
• Support of new customer bids, managing new supplier sourcing and selection as required.
• Build supplier /commodity strategies, working in coordination with key stakeholders including Engineering and Programme /Product Management departments.
• Manage the contractual aspects of new developments/improvement of existing arrangements.
• Manage strategic supplier equipment development programmes in coordination with engineering and programme management teams.
• Define manage and deliver strategies to procure commodities in regional and global markets in support of business needs, including the strategic sourcing of new suppliers and Equipment to provide high levels of supplier performance.
• Support the provision of supplier Equipment costs to new Customer programmes bidding activity
• Control Supplier costs in alignment with Programme Budgets and achieve departmental cost reduction targets
• Negotiate appropriate contractual frame works (to include Terms and Conditions/pricing and support requirements) that support business requirements, both for more complex bespoke equipment acquisition, design, development and qualification programmes and also less complex commodity acquisitions.
• Develop and consolidate business relations with key suppliers. Acting as point of escalation for the team for significant supplier issues.
• Manage delivery of design, development and qualification programmes.
Requirements of the candidate;
• Candidates should be ideally educated to Degree level or have HNC Business studies (or equivalent) and/or MCIPS or equivalent professional qualification and have some relevant experience within Automotive/Aerospace/Electronics/Mechanical Engineering or similar.
• Candidate should have relevant procurement or commercial experience, ideally in a strategic role, with proven examples of agreeing terms and conditions , managing contractual compliance issues and delivering, performance improvement against core objectives (e.g. cost reduction, schedule adherence, lead time reduction etc).
• Ideally candidates should have evidence of managing more complicated acquisitions, development programmes and/or service contracts.
• Candidates should be able to show evidence of their ability to lead multi functional teams and influence decision makers and stakeholders within the internal and external supply chain at all levels of seniority.
For more information, please contact Harry Vallender on (phone number removed) //
Omega Resource Group Ltd are the employment agent on this position. Please visit our website at for more of our open roles