This is an overview of the role:
Homes England’s procurement team’s role is changing. This change will see the team grow in size as we rise to the challenges of our agency-wide digital transformation, support new market initiatives and procure a wider range of services and works to enable new homes to be build. As part of this changing role the new analyst will supplement existing arrangements for management information, performance indicators and management of workflows within our procurement software.
To support the Central Procurement Team in providing a proactive, professional procurement service to Homes England to support its objectives. These activities include procurement of site enabling works, professional services and disposal of land for housing. A key requirement of the role will be to improve the quality of management information from the identification of future pipeline through to the award of contract.
The successful person will be responsible for:
• Assisting with the maintenance and execution of Homes England’s Procurement Strategy and assist with the operation of an effective devolved procurement model across Homes England.
• Assisting with delivery of procurement activities across Homes England including provision of advice and guidance and maintain and monitor procurement activities throughout Homes England.
• Supporting, monitoring and maintaining the eTendering system.
• Providing advice and guidance to the regional and corporate teams when required on disposal and procurement activities.
• Collating, challenging and improving pipeline information and the provision of reports and management information.
• Preparation of spend analysis reports and other reports as required by MHCLG, CCS and Homes England.
• Supporting and undertaking compliance monitoring activities such as contract transparency compliance, fraud analysis, disaggregation etc. and produce reports of such activities.
In order to complete the responsibilities for this role, the successful candidate will have:
• MCIPS (or working towards) or equivalent professional qualification.
• Good general education (Maths and English GCSE desirable).
• Wide range of public sector procurement experience.
• Working knowledge and experience or use of third party framework agreements.
• Working knowledge and experience of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
• Proficient in the use of standard Office IT products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Appreciation of the procurement aspects of sales/disposal processes.
• Experience within a property/regeneration / housing environment.
• Diversity and Creativity – To contribute to creativity and an inclusive culture in the Central Procurement team.
We are the Government’s national housing agency. Our role is to accelerate the pace of house-building across the country, particularly in areas where there are the most serious affordability issues – meaning people are struggling to find homes. We have the appetite, influence, expertise and resources to drive positive market change and meet the Government’s ambition to deliver 300,000 new homes a year. We are using our land, influence, funds and knowledge to increase the pace, scale and quality of new homes accelerating delivery in areas of greatest demand and helping create great places to live. Within the next few years, we will have invested over £27 billion across our programmes. To deliver against these aims we’re building a different kind of public service – join us to help make this happen.